What features do we have in mind for Comma? Here's what we're planning.
More completion suggestions
- Try to infer types and suggest completions for method calls. (We can't do this perfectly for Perl 6. But we'll do what we can!)
Suggest modules when typing a
usestatement - both those in the project, and those on the ecosystem.
- When calling a multi, show the various candidates that exist.
Detect dependencies on modules that are installed on the system,
but not listed in
Automatically update dependencies in
META6.jsonwhen coming to have a new dependency.
- Built-in support for uploading a release to CPAN, for distribution.
- Where possible, navigate to method declarations.
- When an element is declared in a module outside of the project, try to find its code and present it in a read-only view.
- Run the code under the profiler from the IDE and view the report.
- Indicate hot/costly code based on the profiling data within the editor, both in terms of time and allocations.
- Detect and show a much greater range of code problems that would lead to compile errors or warnings.
- Provide renaming support for variables, subroutines, methods, and types.
- Provide various automatic refactorings (for example, extract method to role, extract code to private method, etc.)
- Better support for working with Cro, including Cro project templates and other conveniences.
- More advanced debug features.
- Your idea here! We look forward to hearing what Comma early adopters miss, and adding those to our roadmap!